Sunday, September 27, 2009

OF SHOES AND SHIPS AND SEALING WAX*

The last time I saw TS we met on the beach, halfway between Seattle and Tacoma, to celebrate her birthday a month after her birthday. Funny though...for TS's birthday I got a present, and it was wrapped beautifully.

I made her a blueberry-peach pie, like I did for her birthday 2 years ago, when we had just moved to Seattle. So much has changed it two years, but the whole time I lived in Seattle it felt like we had just moved there.

I would like to say happy birthday TS, but her birthday was in July, so instead I will say happy fall.


*
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


(The Walrus and the Carpenter)

No comments: