Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GREASEWOOD AND RABBITBRUSH

Brig and I drove to Crested Butte, but we couldn't find Tricia, so we slept in the meadow, which was a lovely logistical adjustment.





In the morning we found her and ate breakfast and went for a walk in the hills.

Trish la Dish and Britches met at summer camp when they were 11 and 12 years old.


Nowadays Tricia lives in Hawaii most of the time and Crested Butte the rest of the time.








The highlight of the day was swimming in this lake, which was just barely warm enough to stay in and perfectly look-at-my-very-white-toes-down-there clear.


Brigid's monkey George wanted a beer after the swim. We had to oblige.


When I was young my Dad always got excited about crossing the Continental Divide. Brig and I upheld the family tradition and got out of the car for a little hike, looking both ways at the top of the ridge, picturing the water running its different courses, down down down to the Pacific on one side (though I imagine most of it doesn't make it past Las Vegas nowadays) and down down down to the Gulf of Mexico on the other side.




I hadn't quite gotten the confirmation on my new apartment yet, so I considered buying this "livable camper."







George demanded we stop for photos in the San Luis valley, and again, we just couldn't say no.




No comments: