Saturday, July 16, 2011

WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS, QUARKS WITHIN ATOMS

And then, probably because I went to a baseball game and ate a hotdog, it was summer. One day I came home from the library and found a package waiting for me. It was a loaner camera, from TaraShea, Jerritt, and Ellie. This photo was on the memory card:


Also on my porch that day were two other packages. One, from my parents, was a set of jumper cables for the car I have been the lucky caretaker for this summer. The other was a book I had ordered. And then, while I was eating dinner, two handsome men with accents wandered onto my porch and stopped to chat before going to visit my neighbor. It was like Christmas.

So, a camera! I had lost the habit. I pointed it at a few things around my apartment, just to see how it saw...



And then, a couple of days later, another package arrived! It was another camera! From my parents!  And so it seemed that people were suggesting I resume my old habit. (Thank you, TS, Jerritt, and Ellie. Thank you, Mom and Dad.)




I went for brunch with Esther and Rachel and Matt.


I went to my favorite new bar, where one can eat fried funeral potato nuggets and look out at the beautiful oil refinery. It's like having a beer on the moon.







Robert and I went hiking and discovered that the creeks were very, very full, and that the snow might never melt.








Catie sold things at the Salty Streets Flea Market, and I helped her.



And Raphael and Barbara have been sighted all over town on their motorcycle. 




No comments: