Sunday, March 9, 2008

WOULD YOU KNOW ATHENA BY HER GRAY EYES?

Is this a half-portrait of Ross? He thought so.









Some buses here run through tunnels, almost like little, independent subway trains. They run beneath the library and the shopping district. You can get off and wander into Nordstroms, which is where I took this photo.


I almost never buy anything when I go into a store, but end up looking at things as if I'm in a museum, which works out well, since it seems that is how many stores are merchandising lately. Hmm...How much for the triangular log there--the one in the middle, sort of reddish in tone? And why does a stack of firewood effectively make me want to purchase a dress that is hanging on the other side of the shop?


My favorite window displays, by far, are for this baby shop. I don't even know the name of it because I'm always too busy looking in the windows to look at the name of the shop. They are celebrating the Chinese Zodiac Year of the Rat.


Last weekend, I met Sloan and Jenny for a Kimya Dawson show at the YMCA.

We could smell the swimming pool, which, of course, was lovely.

The admission hand stamp was hand-drawn.





Ross and I headed down to Georgetown the other night. I tried to photograph the torn down Rainier Cold Storage Building, but couldn't hold my camera still enough, so this is all you get.




We ran into David in Jules Mae.

And look who else showed up!! TS is back!


AND she brought Jerritt with her.


R and I were walking up Pike last night and I saw this bike locked up: a Huffy Capri. This is the very model ridden by my childhood best pal, Kate.


It was an excellent and stylish vehicle for tooling 'round the neighborhood or into town, to Woolworth's for some candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got to love the hipsters & their pink huffy bikes.