Friday, February 26, 2010

I NO LONGER GATHER WHAT FALLS



I snuck away from Salt Lake for a good cup of coffee. And a visit with Ross!


It was one of those perfect, mid-winter Seattle weekends. The kind you can't predict. Absolutely perfect.


TS and I had a Scrabble/kite flying picnic.


We couldn't quite get the kite high enough for real freedom. It was as if there were tiers of wind, with a gap between them, into which our kite kept falling.






TS tried running up the hill. I tried running down the other side.


Ross was sorry to have missed the picnic, so I was forced to suffer through another one the next day.


I have never tasted satsumas quite as delicious as these.




I took the new light rail back to the airport as the sun set. It was cold and dark back in Salt Lake, spitting a little snow, and when the sun came up the next morning, the only green I could see from my window was the sign at the 7-Eleven across the street.

No comments: