Friday, July 30, 2010

QUE HONDA PANTALONES!

I watched the final game of the World Cup (so, so long ago, I know) on the sidewalk outside a cafe with Brig, Bryce, Robin, Reji, Sonja and Woody. Cupcakes were eaten. Cofffee and tea were sipped. Jeans were patched. Brig knit a sock monkey sweater. I think we all avoided getting sunburned.






Lovely paper hats were folded. (Bon Voyage Woody and Sonja!)

I actually missed the final and only goal of the World Cup because I had to catch that flight to SLC. Brig and I scanned radio stations, but didn't find a station with the game until the goal had been scored.

In SLC I was lucky enough to see Esther. She has created a little painting/music corner in her apartment, where I viewed her famous red accordion, which once belonged to her grandfather.


Esther helped me hunt and hunt for an apartment. I didn't pick this one, but it was probably second in the runnings.


Then Esther piled her things into her car and drove west, across the desert to San Francisco for a few weeks.

No comments: