Friday, September 17, 2010

KICK UP YOUR RED HEELS





I came home from some place or other and found Bryce using his window reflection to lose the beard...(Mom and Dad, this is what happens when you leave us kids to dogsit.)


The summer was ending. Mom and Dad returned from their travels. Brig and Bryce packed their car like a Jenga game--seriously, their packing was a feat that deserves admiration.

While sorting through boxes of things in my parents' basement, I found my old sock monkey, the long lost brother monkey of Brigid's George. George has had many more adventures than his brother, and is skinnier, with longer legs and stretched out ears, but the resemblance between them is striking. They were happy to see each other, but soon had to say goodbye.



Then Brig, Bryce, George and Lucille Dog got in their car and drove back to Indiana. (It is hard to believe this was only five weeks ago.)

And Lucy and I packed up a rental car and drove that now familiar stretch of I-80, across southern Wyoming. (nothing like a little windshield photography while driving...) I drove in and out of storms all day.

No comments: