Tuesday, September 28, 2010

VENUS OF ORK




Esther finally came home from California.

The effectiveness of crosswalk flags for crossing the street is debatable, but they make excellent design elements on a gray porch, and work well as substitute chairs, a little like the carpet squares we sat on in kindergarten.







And then Robert came back from his various travels--Amsterdam, Mexico, California, St. George, who knows where else...we went to the park

With sweet Kailana, Mike's dog.

My apartment is lovely, but gets so much less sun than last year's place. In the first two days I documented the traveling, glass-wavy sunshapes on the floor. There may have been a little desperation in this act. I'm still hoping to get a bit more morning light when the leaves fall from the front yard trees.

I pillaged some hens and chickens plants from somebody's yard.

Esther, Robert and I went to Ikea, which was fun for the first hour or so, in which we fit ourselves into this Mork Chair and played with fingerpuppets, but as usual it got completely overwhelming long before I reached the textiles, which was what I really meant to purchase.

But I'd say Robert definitely has what it takes to make it big as an Ikea model.

No comments: