Monday, April 9, 2007

Skulls, Saints, and Flamenco



On the first airport run of last week's "Publishing Weekend," I saw this new graffiti.

I made Silas show off his dragon tee-shirt at the Kelly Link reading.

Elizabeth had her students read a Kelly Link story. One of them liked it so much, she made this tote bag for Kelly Link! (Strangely, she couldn't make it to the reading, so E got to give the gift.)


Kelly Link!


TS and Molly threw a party, because Molly's done with her Riverfront Times Fellowship, and is leaving St.L. Monochrome outfits were optional, and only a couple people wore them. Andy was one of them. No, I didn't realize all the strange elements in this photo when I took it.



Pinata!






It kept falling off its hook, so TS took out some aggression manually.



And Jaffa opted for pistolwhipping it.





It survived Jaffa's wrath for Eileen's, but Eileen took it down.



And Emily trounced all over it.












Laura.






Eileen also cooperated with the theme.




Ellie was locked in TS' bedroom until late. TS let her out when the party was in full swing and the visiting chihuahua had gone home. My camera died, but believe me, things really took off.




Today, Molly packed her car full for her drive to Boston.




.....






On a happier note, Elizabeth defended her 150 pg. thesis today! We went out to celebrate.





Congratulations, writer. I can't wait to read it.








On the way home I finally stopped to photograph the Catholic School entrance.



Of course I didn't go to this church or this school growing up, but really, this is all too familiar.



Even that picture of the Pope looks familiar, though I don't think they ever parked a bike like that in the entryway of my childhood churches.






1 comment:

Ross Fuqua said...

Great post! Nothing compares to an alter scene w/ bicycle..... It almost makes a true believer out of me.