Friday, August 17, 2007

Good luck burns hot in the wrist


Yes, Ross is always wearing his bike helmet.


My old friend Doug visited--he grew up here, but met Carey, Myles, and I in Fort Collins, way back when.


I met him when I was working as a darkroom monitor and he (much older and wiser) took an easel without checking out. Not realizing he was older and wiser, and beyond the check-out system, I kindly asked him to follow procedure. So he signed it out, graciously, without so much as a grumble.

Now he teaches photography at Fresno State.





Carey and Myles knew a wonderful place for tea and ginger cookies.



And globes.


I thought this simple meal looked pretty tasty,

but Ross thought it would look better with an MGD. (I think they're gone now, S & J.)



Our dining room and living room windows look into this beautiful yard, full of flowers and pigeon-swarmed birdfeeders. Most of the residents, elderly with dementia, keep a low profile, though I often see one man watering the flowers and chasing off pigeons.


Thanks for the brave little peacock Molly, Matt and TS.



1 comment:

CAREY S-H said...

I have a new helmet for Ross, remind me to drop it by with couch some time.

Love the pic of doug and the Japanese cat.