Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FLUTTER, LITTLE LEAVES.



I took this from the dining room window around 8:30 P.M!




Sometimes, in this city, you find yourself suddenly in a jungle. A jungle--right there on a city sidewalk.



When I took these, there was a woman about fifty feet behind me, carrying her groceries home from the market. "Why are you taking a picture of that?" she yelled. First I told her I just wanted to, but I could tell that wasn't going over well, and anyway, I was being a little snotty, or at least a little defensive, so I blamed it on the tree. "Oh," she said knowingly. "You like the tree."



I've gotten so hooked on the puffy pancake that I bought a cast iron skillet at the thrift store.


Although I actually think the puffed pancake tastes better when cooked in a duck casserole dish. Maybe it's the duck...or maybe it's the way a little extra butter pools top because the dish is deeper.


Ross has to earn his pancake by strumming a little tune.



We met Sloan and Jenny for a beer at the German pub. A lot of people were ordering these boots full of beer. I guess the group has to drink the whole beer without letting the boot touch the tabletop. We decided to wait until our next visit to order a boot.








It's finally been warm enough, at least once in a while, to sit on the roof.



No comments: