Saturday, September 5, 2009

MILES OF HIGHWAY POPPIES

My parents came out for a visit. It was the hottest week of the Seattle summer--I think the mercury reached 103 one day.

They brought their tandem bike, so we spent a lot of time pedaling around. At the end of a long ride, we decided to catch the water taxi back across Elliott Bay. It was a nice breezy ride--lots easier than riding back through SoDo.







Dad really fell in love with the monkfish at the market.



Finally, after living in Seattle for over two years, we saw my Aunt Reenie, who lives in Olympia, less than an hour from Seattle.

After a barbeque in Reenie's awesome backyard (my cousin's brought gigantic oysters--yum!), we went to see the State Capitol, and the old Oly Brewery.



Then we were off to the Peninsula for a couple of days. We kept an eye out for cosmopolitan vampire and old-soul werewolfs, but I guess they blend in well with the general populace.














It was so hot on our ride. We were saved from heat stroke by a swim in the Dungeness River. It was a real swimmin' hole--crowded, with a rope swing.


It was nice to show my parents a little of the Pacific Northwest before I left it.

No comments: