Saturday, September 5, 2009

T.S. MEETS THE ANGEL MORONI

Back in July, TS accompanied me to Salt Lake City to help me find an apartment. We didn't have much time for sightseeing, but we did take a twilight walk around Temple Square, including a lot of peering into the windows of Brigham Young's old houses, The Lion House and the Beehive House, where he once lived with his many wives (he had 55!).

The world headquarters office tower stands opposite the Temple.

We rented some ancient, heavy mountain bikes and pedaled from apartment to apartment. It was hot, and so sunny, and the neighborhood I wanted to live in is situated on a surprisingly steep hill. It was pretty exhausting, but TS is a good sport. I now live in that little building at the end of the driveway.

We walked around the campus a bit...it was still confusing and foreign to me. It's beginning to feel familiar now, although I still get a bit lost in the labyrinthine English and Communications building.






I have no idea what this note is about, but trust me, it's worth clicking to enlarge...



Other highlights of our adventure included the discovery of these Harry Potter passe-tetes in the driveway behind a bookstore, eating delicious almond mole and poblano mole at the Blue Iguana, and drinking our first Utah "near beers."




Thank you, dear T.S.

No comments: