Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SEALED, AS IF WITH WAX OR LEAD

All spring there has been a graffiti war going on in the lot next door, almost immediately below my window. Sometimes on the fence, sometimes on the concrete wall, they never paint anything good, and frankly, it has been a little disturbing. But this morning I found a stenciled polygamist family! I hope no one paints over this one. If they do, they better paint something equally good.

This week Halina became Dr. Halina. I joined her and some pals for a karaoke night. (No, I did not sing.)

What are these toys called? The ones with elastic joints? You know. Well, this one was our muse while writing final papers at the cafe.

This is approximately how my mind and my apartment feel right now, but really I left the window open and the wind blew in.



1 comment:

Elizabeth Hartsig said...

your mind has a peering lucy in it: do not let jackson turn on those taps.