Tuesday, July 1, 2008

JUST ANOTHER PRETTY SUNSET

I thought I could squeeze in a quick little run before the storm blew down from the mountains. I ran for five minutes before I saw a tremendous lightning bolt strike the peaks and immediately turned around. I got back just as the the lightning caught up.





Sky theater!





Jason installed his hand carved needles in a two-track up in the hills.










And Georgia completed her piece. I walked up with her on one of her documentation sessions. She filmed me walking along her orange fence.








In the end she added a third line of orange tape all the way down, because the movement of the three pieces together, in the wind, was pretty nifty.











On Saturday, Jason, Lauren and I drove on up the road to check out Neltje's antique shop.











Later, we went into town and met Jason's brother at the Mint Bar, which I fondly remember from my last visit to Sheridan, six or seven years ago.


It's funny--I'm never shy about looking like a tourist at home. I pull my camera out all over the place, and drive everybody crazy. I've been a little more restrained now that I actually am, sort of, a tourist.


Snowshoe Jackalope.


And Sunday all the residents took a day off from work. Five of us went for a hike in the Big Horns.
















Lauren's parents sent her about a million pairs of these goofy glasses.


So we tried them out while we got into character before our rehearsal of Hillary's play.







I must say, I look particularly good in them.






1 comment:

ts said...

Ha! Love it! You do look spec*tac*u*lar in those!