Thursday, July 17, 2008

YOU ARE THE HOUR GLASS

I drove south through Wyoming. It was hot and brown. Finally I got to Fort Collins and stopped to see my old friend Catie.


She has a lovely little house.



Of course, in Fort Collins one must take a bike ride. The streets are so wide!


We went to Avo's for sandwiches. Nothing had changed there except they expanded the patio seating and built a nice little stage for all those bluegrass musicians.




I got to meet Catie's boyfriend, Gregory.


Then I drove south to Denver to see my parents (more on that later).



I went back to the Fort yesterday, and Catie and I went for swim in the Poudre.








They've put in new bike trails since I left.


I met Woody in front of the library. He still smokes the same brand of cigarettes. Or he stopped and started and stopped and started again. He is about to quit.






I got a tour of his apartment at the Antlers.


The tiger shirt had a special spot in the closet.



Sonja made Woody a kitty.








Beets!








Ross' very first library...





I took the long way back to Denver, driving through Ault and Eaton.


The sugar beet factories are all closed down.